One of the most patriotic and American things a person can do is help a veteran of the armed services in any way.  The Veteran Aid program provides a free resource to all of those heroes in our country and their families.  This is a website that serves over 40,000 website visitors each and every month.  In order to join the Veteran Aid program, a person needs to be a veteran or the direct relative of a veteran.

These benefits are provided by the Veterans Administration and offers what they call “Aid and Attendance” as part of a soldiers benefits.  This program is largely unknown but can make caring for a wounded veteran much easier on the family and can save much of the cost.  This funding can be used to help in the eating, dressing, bathing, undressing , medication dosing or any act of taking care of the personal needs of a wounded veteran.  Those who were blinded in their service to their country are also eligible for this funding.

These benefits are considered a very important part of the Veterans Administration’s improved pension for  its members.  The benefits of this program can allow for a higher quality of life as an eligible person is allowed to maintain their life at home, but also they receive assistance in performing all of the day without having to pay out of their own pocket to get the help they need.  All veterans should be considering signing up to get assistance from the Veteran Aid Account.  It is a right they earned when they decided to join the military and serve the United States of America.  This pension has existed for over 60 years but many people have remained uneducated about its many benefits. Below is a guide on how you can Signup to get Assistance from the Veteran Aid Account online.

Required to Signup to get Assistance from the Veteran Aid Account online:

  • A computer, tablet or even a phone that has access to the internet

You will need the following documents.  Prepare these before making your filing.

  • Discharge/Separation Papers (DD-214).  If you need to request military records, you can either fill out Standard Form 180 (right click to save)      or, you can visit Full instructions on how to request military records is listed on that site.
  • Copy of Marriage Certificate and all marital information.
  • Copy of the Death Certificate (surviving spouses only).
  • Copy of current Social Security Award Letter (the letter that Social Security sends at the beginning of the year stating what your monthly amount will be for the following year).
  • Net Worth information, including bank accounts, CDs, Trusts, Stocks, Bonds, Annuities, etc.
  • Proof of all income from pensions, retirement, interest income from investments, annuities, etc.
  • If you are a court-appointed guardian of the veteran or surviving spouse, a certified copy of the court order of the appointment is required.
  • Proof of insurance premiums, medications, medical bills or any other medical expenses that are not reimbursed by insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid.
  • Physician statement.
  • Banking information for Direct Deposit of A&A monthly payments (include a voided check).
  • Employment history (does not apply if you are over 65).
  • List of all doctors and hospitals visited in the last year.

How to Signup to get Assistance from the Veteran Aid Account online:

  1. Copy and paste the following URL into your browseer or if your system allows click the link here we have provided:
  2. Review the required documents needed.
  3. Scroll down and download the:
  1. Completely fill out the form.
  2. Mail in all the required information to the correct mailing address per state.
  • Milwaukee Pension Maintenance Center Veterans Administration 5400 West National Avenue Milwaukee, WI 53214

Processes claims for the following states: AL, AR, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, OH, TN, WI

  • St. Paul Pension Maintenance Center Veterans Administration 1 Federal Drive, Fort Snelling St. Paul, MN  55111-4050

Processes claims for the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, ID, KS, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY

  • Philadelphia Pension Maintenance Center Veterans Administration 5000 Wissahickon Avenue Philadelphia, PA  19101

Processes claims for the following states: CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, PR, RI, SC, VA, VT, WV