If you have recently found yourself unemployed in the state of Virginia, you should know you can login online and file for unemployment. Read below to find out how your can file an Unemployment Claim At Virginia Employment Commission.
Required to File An Unemployment Claim At Virginia Employment Commission:
- A Computer or Laptop or Mobile Phone or tablet with access to the internet
- You must be a legal resident of the state of Virginia.
- You must have proof that you lost your employment while working in Virginia.
- You cannot have worked in any other state but Virginia in the last eighteen months.
- The contact information for any employer you worked for in the last eighteen months.
- Your social security number.
- Either your VA debit card information or the routing and account number for your bank account.
Steps to register To File An Unemployment Claim At Virginia Employment Commission:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.vaemploy.com
- On that first page, find and click on the link that reads, “Unemployed?”
- Following that you’ll be taken to a page with a green box that has a link inside of it that reads, “Unemployed? File a Claim Online.” Click that link.
- The next page will have information regarding the filing process. Read through it and once you have, click the link that reads, “Click Here to File an Initial or Weekly/Continued Claim.”
- If this is the first time you have ever filed for unemployment, click the link that says “Click Here to Create a New Internet Account.”
- Create a User ID and password and then enter in the personal information it asks for.
- Then log in with your User ID and complete the filing process.