If you are receiving VA Pension or compensation, OPM benefits, or RRB annuity you can get a card that will allow you to have your payments deposited directly to if using the Direct Express card. The care will allow you to get cash and make purchases at any location that allows the use of MasterCard debit cards. You will also feel more safe knowing that you don’t have to carry around a great deal of cash. You also don’t have to worry about the possibility of checks being stolen. The Social Security Administration and the Department of Treasury encourage people to sign up for this card. Below is a guide on how to get your VA Benefits card online.
Required to Get Your VA Benefits Card Online:
- A Computer or Laptop or Mobile Phone or tablet with access to the internet
- A Valid email
- Other personal information
Steps to Get Your VA Benefits Card Online:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.usdirectexpress.com
- When you get to the site you will need to mark the circle telling where you are the payee or a representative payee. When you have done this click “continue”.
- You will now need to enter personal information in order to be able to get your card. Make sure that you read all the questions carefully and that you answer them correctly to make sure that your money is deposited to the right card and that your card is mailed to the right address.
- If the enrollment system is down you may encounter a page that will give you a phone number that you can call in order to sign up for the card.
- This card is easy to apply for and it should not take much time. Once you have finished the application you will just need to wait for your card to come in. Once it comes in the mail you will be able to start using it as soon as your check deposits to the card. You can use this card to pay for purchases over the phone and online as well as in stores as long as all of these options accept MasterCard debit.