USAJOBS is the official job listing and online application service provided by the federal government for federal jobs and federally sponsored positions. After you create an account at USAJOBS, you can search the job listings, upload your resume and use the resources providing to enhance your career opportunities. There are special sections for Veterans, students, Senior Executives and individuals with disabilities that will direct you to positions that give preference to applicants with those designations.
USAJOBS is a free career and job listing service for federal employment. Be careful that you do not go to a similarly named site that then asks for a fee. This site is part of the service provided to taxpayers to help in recovering the economy.
What you will need:
• A computer, laptop, smart phone or mobile device with an Internet connection
• Valid email
• Email format type (html or text)
• Valid telephone number (landline or mobile)
Steps to Create an Account at USAJOBS:
1. Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.usajobs.gov/Account/Account
2. Click on the link to create an account.
3. Enter and confirm your email account.
4. Create a User ID name
5. Read and accept the terms by clicking on “I agree. Create my account.”
6. Check your email for the confirmation and click on the verification link inside to login to your account.
7. Provide the required information to finish creating your account including your name, phone number and security questions.
8. Click on “Finish creating my account.”
Please note that it can take up to 10 minutes for the confirmation email to be sent to your account. Make sure to check your SPAM folder if you do not receive it within 10 minutes in case it was redirected there.