Online banking lets you manage your accounts and make payments from anywhere you can access the Internet. Once you have received an email or mailing with your SunTrust Bank Security Code and SunTrust bank Security Name, you can sign up for their online banking program. While online you can review your accounts, see what payments are pending and deposits have been received, purchase new banking products and send money. Remember that any transactions involving payments or transfers done online are subject to the same banking hours as a brick and mortar bank. Review the terms and conditions before making any transfers or payments so you fully understand the time frames and any associated fees. You will also have access to a secure communication center so your emails with the bank are kept confidential. It is vitally important that you do not use online banking unless you are on a secure connection and device. Avoid logging into your account on public Wi-Fi routers, in public places or by using public devices such as the computers found in a library. While the SunTrust Online Banking system is one of the most secure and safe around, you must be mindful that it is up to you to protect your account information from being read off your screen or detected over a public network. You can find out more about safe online banking practices right on the SunTrust Online banking site. The process only takes 4 to 5 minutes to complete and once done, you will have 24 hour access to your account information.
What you will need to Sign up for SunTrust Online Banking:
- Computer, tablet, laptop or smart phone
- Access to Internet
- SunTrust Bank Security Code
- SunTrust Bank Security Name
- Social Security Number
Steps to Sign up for SunTrust Online Banking:
- Type www.suntrust.com/completeenrollment in the address bar of your browser and hit enter.
- Click on the “Begin Enrollment” button
- Enter in the SunTrust security code, security name and your Social Security Number and click on “Submit”
- Fill out your personal information and security settings and click on “Submit.”