If you are applying for, or receive, any benefits under Social Security you can create an online account to manage your Social Security information and payments. With an account, you can file change of address notices, redefine your direct deposit percentages or even place a hold on your benefits should your situation change.
You can also view and print a summary of your benefits and statement of payments. There is a resource area to help you understand Social Security benefits and you can download any tax documents you may need as well. Be sure to check out the FAQ section for an answer to any problem or issue you may have before sending a message to a representative. You may get your answer sooner that way.
What you will need:
• A computer, laptop, smart phone or mobile device with an Internet connection
• Valid E-mail address
• Social Security number
• Valid U.S. mailing address
Steps to Create Online Account To Manage Social Security:
1. Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.ssa.gov/mystatement
2. Click on “Create My Account.”
3. Verify that you have the information gathered to sign up and click “Create an Account.”
4. Scroll to the bottom of the Terms and Conditions and click in the box to indicate that you accept the terms. Click on “Next.”
5. Fill in the required personal information.
6. Select if you wish to receive a text message notifying you whenever your account is logged into.
7. Click on “Next.”
8. Answer the security questions and click on “Next.”
9. Set your password and click on “Next.”
10. Check your email account for the verification link. Click the link to login and manage your account.
Please note that you must be 18 years of age or older to create an account to manage your Social Security Benefits.