Today everyone is involved in online banking. Even the Social Security Administration is involved in this sea change about the way we do things. The Social Security Administration administers both the old age retirement benefit and the disability insurance benefit as safety nets for each and every working American. To be open with the working public, the Social Security Administration has set up My Social Security accounts. If you are not yet a beneficiary of the Social Security Administration, then this site will allow you to see your standing in the Social Security system. If you are already a beneficiary of the Social Security Administration, then the my Social Security account website is essentially an online banking account allowing you to setup items such as direct deposit and other payments. Below is a guide on how to create your own My Social Security online account.
Required to create your own My Social Security Online Account:
- Valid email address
- Social Security number
- U.S. mailing address
- At least 18 years of age
Steps to creating your own My Social Security Online Account:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount
- At the top of the page click on the create account link
- Read carefully the details on the page you are redirected via the link
- Hit the create account link again. This will be found at the bottom left side of the page.
- The next page takes to the terms of service. Note well that breach of service may result in criminal charges. Click to agree to terms.
- Then on the next page input your personal information.
- You will then be asked to several questions with regards to your credit card report from Experian to verify your identity.
- Once it is has been determined by the Social Security Administration that it is you, your user name and password will be issued to you.
- You will also be offered the chance to opt into extra security for your Social Security Information.