Sears began in 1886 by a man named Richard Sears. He mistakenly received a box of gold-filled watches that were meant for jeweler in the community. When the jeweler passed on the shipment, Sears, who was already making side money selling lumber and coal, went ahead bought the watches. That led to the creation of Sears. In 1893 the corporate name became Sears, Roebuck and Co. and they have grown into an operation of 863 retails stores found in malls. There are an additional 1200 locations owned independently. Sears offers installation services, repair services, installed home improvements, deliveries of their products such as appliances, electronics, heating and cooling systems, jewelry, games, power tools, clothing, lawn and garden supplies and much more. They carry brands such as Land’s End, Craftsman, DieHard, Kenmore, Sofia by Sofia Vergara and many more. Sears offers a “Sears Choice Rewards” program, backed by Citibank, now available for select customers. These customers can earn one “Purchase Point” for every $1 spent on purchases. Points can be used for car rental certificates, cruises, Kmart Gift cards, hotel gift cards, airline tickets, electronics, restaurant gift cards, merchandise and much more. Below is a guide on how to register to the program.
Required to register for the Sears Choice Rewards program:
- Computer or Laptop with access to the internet
- Your personal Sears MasterCard®
- Be a Cardmember/Cardholder of the Sears Master Card®
- Valid Email
- Other personal information
Steps to complete the registration to the Sears Choice Rewards program:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows click the link we have provided here: www.searschoicerewards.com
- Click on the “Member Login” link located in the top right hand corner of the website.
- Scroll down to the “Not registered yet?” section and click “REGISTER NOW”.
- Proceed to fill out the account number, account information, create user ID and password, security questions, add card options screens and then submit your registration. You will received a confirmation screen.
- If you want to use your points, log in to your account or stay logged into your account and go to the Rewards section of the navigation bar. Select “Gift Card/ Certificates, Travel, or Merchandise under the Rewards section and follow the instructions provided.
If you need further assistance you may call Sears directly at 1-888-846-7928 to speak with a Sears Representative.