The era of hi-speed internet has changed everybody’s lives in amazing ways. Everything can be done online now, from reading newspaper articles to sending and receiving money, from staying in touch with friends and family on the other side of the world to watching movies. Both entertainment and necessity have come together in the meeting place used by billions of people worldwide. One of the things that are most useful about the Internet is the fact that you can actually make money from the comfort of your own home or from any other place you may be at a given moment.
The Scottrade company has taken advantage of the great benefits the Internet has brought with it and they now offer those interested with the chance of registering for an online account for their services. In less than 10 minutes, you will be able to be the holder of an Individual Brokerage Account, of a Joint Brokerage Account or of an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and you will not even have to leave home to do this. Below is a guide on how you can register for a Scottrade account online.
You will need the following to Register for a Scottrade Account online:
- A computer or a mobile device that can connect to the Internet
- Fairly good Internet connection
- Your Social Security or the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- The contact information of your employer
- For IRAs, you will also need the Social Security Number of the beneficiary, their full name and their birthdate
Steps required to Register for a Scottrade Account online:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.scottrade.com
- On the top right side of the screen you will see a button saying “Open a New Account”; click on it.
- You will be redirected to a page with a form you have to fill in.
- Enter the personal pieces of information required and select the type of account you want to open.
- Click on “Continue” and follow the instructions as given on screen.