The Department of Labor and Workplace Development has been working with those that have been in search of employment since the government division was first created over sixty years ago. The Department of Labor and Workplace Development will work with unemployed persons on their job searching and finding skills, affording them the training to better market themselves and ultimately be more employable, and help them find solutions to attain the skills necessary to compete in the United States job market. When unemployed person have been out of work for more than eighteen months, the Department of Labor and Workplace Development will help him or her to acquire funds from the federal government as a means to survive while looking for employment in various fields.
The Department of Labor and Workplace Development provides unemployment insurance benefits to those persons who have been out of work for an extended period of time and who qualify for the unemployment benefits or governmental assistance. While the benefits are not immense, rewards are awarded monthly and transferred to an established bank account that the federal government has established. The monthly awarded amount is just enough to pay for food and other costs of living and is adjusted for inflation. Below is a guide on how you can file an unemployment claim for the state of New Jersey.
Requirements to file an unemployment claim online in the state of New Jersey:
- You will need a computer with Internet access
- You will need your social security number
- If you are not a citizen, you will need you Alien Registration Documentation
- You will need the history of your employment for the last 18 months
- You will need a pen or pencil and paper
- If you wish to have funds transferred there, you will need your bank information
- You will need all previous employer information over the last 18 months including the name of the employer, address, telephone number, the dates you worked for the company, and the reason for your seperation
Steps to file an unemployment claim online in the state of New Jersey:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.njuifile.net
- Click the “File or Reopen Your UI Claim” link
- Read through the conditions and click “File A Claim” on the bottom-right hand of the screen.
- If you do not have an Unemployment Benefits Online ID then select “No.”
- Register yourself by providing all of the information required in the Claimant Registration portal and then click “Create My Account.”
- Sign in using your newly acquired Online ID and password and click “Sign In.”
- Fill out the required information and proceed to file your claim for unemployment benefits.