Netspend Corporation is a prepaid card company, with headquarters in Austin, Texas. This company issues out prepaid debit cards containing recognizable logos, such as Visa and MasterCard. The founders of this company launched the business when they moved from Mexico to the United States. The motivation behind launching this company was an innovative one. They recognized that many financial and banking institutions ostracized a large sector of the financial population, a segment that was financially insecure and required services that could cater to their needs.
Netspend distinguishes itself from other companies in a variety of ways. Not only does it issue prepaid Visa and MasterCard debit cards, but it offers the option of purchasing prepaid gift cards, and reloadable travel cards that can be used on vacation.
This alleviates the financial worries associated with travelling. These debit cards are accessible to anyone who can purchase them for a small fee, and can be reloaded at specific locations. While they cannot be reloaded at traditional ATMs, there are a variety of locations that allow Netspend reloads. These cards have additional capabilities, such as direct deposit. Essentially, one can have the same features of a normal bank account without having a bank account at all. These cards can be used for purchases anywhere the Visa or MasterCard logo is deemed accessible. Below is a guide on how to activate your Netspend prepaid debit card.
What you need to activate your Netspend prepaid debit card:
- A verifiable billing address
- Relevant personal data
- Phone, internet connection, or face to face customer interaction
- A pin
How to activate your Netspend prepaid debit card:
- Determine which activation option best suits you. Select among a physical location, phone, or online account.
- If you choose to activate in person, simply provide ID and all requested personal data.
- If you activate over the phone, simply call 1-86-NETSPEND.
- To activate online copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.netspend.com/activate
- Enter card information and then click on the “Activate Card” button.
- Proceed forth.