If you have a Turbo Tax Prepaid Visa card, you must go online to activate it before using it. As of Novemeer 2, 2012, Turbo Tax prepaid Visa cards have been converted to Green Dot cards which are issued by Green Dot Bank. While your Visa card will still work after activating it, you will now be using greendot.com in order to access the corresponding online account.
Required To Activate your Turbo Tax Prepaid Visa Green Dot Card:
- A computer, PC, laptop, Internet enabled mobile device, etc.
- Your personal Green Dot prepaid card from Turbo Tax
- Valid email address
- Other personal information
Steps To Activate your Turbo Tax Prepaid Visa Green Dot Card:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.myturbotaxcard.com
- After about thirty seconds, your browser will be redirected to www.greendot.com/greendot. If it isn’t there will be a link you can click.
- On this website you will see a purple box towards the upper right hand corner that reads, “Register/Activate A Card.” Click on this box.
- To set up your account, type in sixteen digit card number from the back of the card into the space that corresponds on the website’s mock card.
- Next, do the same thing for the three digit security code.
- Now enter in your personal information (i.e., full name, address, etc.)
- You will need to enter in your social security number, though the website will provide an explanation (essentially to help the government fight terrorism and money laundering).
- Next, enter in your contact information. You can also select if you would like to be texted and/or e-mailed your balance on a daily basis or any special deals or tips for your card (note: standard texting rates will apply if you select this option).
- Click Submit.
You can now use your green dot card anywhere Mastercard or Visa debit cards are accepted. The best part is, you can never overcharge or wind up with penalty fees. Use only what you have put on the card and if your balance gets low, simply reload it. You can also use them at standard ATMs.