The GreenDot prepaid card is offered by Walmart. This card is designed to be more than a “load and pay” card and to function more like an actual check card. You can opt to have your paycheck direct deposited to the card, add money directly to the card and in many states; you can cash your check at Wal-Mart and have the amount added directly to your card as well. There is no credit check when you apply for the card.
Each card comes with the Visa or MasterCard logo which will allow you to use the card to make payments wherever the logo is accepted. When making payments, the card is read as a debit car, not a credit card, in authorizing machines and you will only be able to pay amounts equal to or less than the amount you have on the card. Below is a guide on how you can request to receive a Green Dot prepaid card.
What You Will Need to get yourself a Green Dot prepaid card:
- A computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Internet access
- Valid email and contact information
- Social Security Number and date of birth
Steps to get yourself a Green Dot prepaid card:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.mygreendot.com
- Click on “Get a Card Now”.
- Enter in your zip code to search for a local store to get your card in, or click on “Get a Card Online”.
- Select Visa or MasterCard as your type of card.
- Enter in your personal contact information, social security number and date of birth.
- Indicate whether your employer offers direct deposit.
- Enter a 4 digit pin number for your card.
- Click on “Continue”.
- Verify the information is correct.
- Indicate if you want any other additional card.
- Click on submit.
- Wait to receive your card in the mail and activate.