Great Lakes is a non-profit group that wants to help people afford their college education. It has partnered with the United States Department of Education as well as private lenders in order to offer student loans to deserving individuals so that they can complete their education.
If you have an account with Great Lakes, you can actually manage your account online. Simply go to www.mygreatlakes.org to set up your online access.
You can access the website using your computer or smartphone, as long as it is connected to the Internet. The Great Lakes website is also secure, so you need not worry about your personal information being hacked or accessed by unauthorized persons.
- Visit www.mygreatlakes.org.
- Once you’re there, click one of the buttons on the left-side corner of the page that says, “Sign Up for Account Access.”
- You’ll be taken to the sign up page. Once you’re there, enter your User ID, password, social security number (SSN) and date of birth. Click “Continue.” If you have forgotten your User ID, click on the link “Forgot User ID.” Enter the last 4 digits of your SSN, email address, and date of birth and then click “Continue.”
- You will be required to verify your identity and will be asked some personal information to match against their own records.
- Create a PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- Select an Identity Image.
You’re done! Now you can access your Great Lakes account to manage your student loan. You can also check your payments and balances through your online account. Your account information is available 24/7.
To speak with a Great Lakes representative, you can contact them on the following phone numbers from Monday to Friday 7AM-9PM Central Standard Time:
Local – 1-(800) – 236 – 4300
International – 1-(608) – 246 – 1700
To learn more about Great Lakes or to get tips on how you can pay your student loans, simply visit https://www.mygreatlakes.org/.