California’s Department of Human Assistance offers a variety of benefits to help you through their CalWin program. Through CalWin you can access food, cash, supplemental, job, healthcare and clothing assistance. Applying for CalWin benefits online is easy, you only need a few pieces of information and it takes about 10 minutes to complete the process. Once you are done, your application is submitted and reviewed. You will then have an appointment with an Application Manager scheduled to finalize the application and see what benefits you are approved for. It is important to note that not all benefits are available in all California counties.
Your county of residence will determine what is offered to you. Make sure that the User ID and password you create are something that is easily remembered. Very often, the CalWin system will issue you updates about your application electronically and you will need to be able to login easily to read the notices. Also, your CalWin account may become used for other programs and benefits such as work training and job resources so keep your User ID and password somewhere you can find it or pick one that is easily memorized. Below is a guide on how to apply for CalWin Benefits.
What You Will Need to Apply for CalWin Benefits:
- A computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Internet access
- Valid contact information
- Be a resident of the State of California
Steps to Apply for CalWin Benefits:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- Click on “Start Here!”
- Select your county from the drop down list.
- Click on “Apply for Benefits”
- Enter in your contact and personal information in the areas provided.
- Create a User ID and password and click on “Submit.”
- Select the benefits you are applying for and follow the instructions