MapQuest was started in 1967 and was then known as Cartographic Services. In 1994, MapQuest became an independent company but took on the name MapQuest in 1999. Headquarters can be found in both Colorado and Pennsylvania. This is a free website available to every American and provided web mapping services. They offer services such as MapQuest Find Me, Build Your Route, driving directions, GasPrices and more. You helps you find local bars, restaurants, movie theaters, parking garages, parks, hotels and motels, schools, banks, hospitals, airports, ATMs, grocery stores and find activities to do. MapQuest can also be used on your phone with MapQuest Mobile. Below is a guide on how to check on local traffic using MapQuest.
Required to check traffic using MapQuest:
- A Computer or Laptop or Mobile Phone or tablet, etc with access to the internet
Steps to check traffic using MapQuest:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.mapquest.com/traffic
- Type in your address or your current location using the street number, street name, city, state, and zip code. NOTE: you may also browse traffic using a combination of these address parts such as looking up by City and Zip code only for example.
- Click on the “Get Map” button.
- Be sure that you have selected to see both of the Traffic Conditions and Traffic Cameras features by clicking on the “LIVE TRAFFIC” button. NOTE: this is updated on average every 5 minutes.
- Review the map to find construction icons that show if ramps, lanes, or roads or closed or if construction is taking place.
- Review the map to and click on the camera icons to look at screen shots taken from traffic cameras.
- Use the zoom in (+ sign) and zoom out (- sign) to look closer in or farther out on the map.
- Use the compass arrows to move around the map in the desired direction.
- You can print the local traffic by clicking on the “Print” icon.
- You can also email the local traffic by clicking the “Send” button.