The Permanente Medical Group is an affiliate of the Kaiser Permanente that provides users with an easy way to find a doctor or health care physician that will best meet their qualifications and needs. Kaiser Permanente has been providing its users with premium health care for over 60 years. Evolving from industrial health care programs for construction, steel mill, and other labor workers in the 1930s, Kaiser opened to the public in 1945. The Kaiser Permanente implemented a system to help take care of all injured and sick people, regardless of their insurance standings, that would have insurance companies pay Kaiser a small fixed amount per, and per covered patient. This “prepaid” service turned into a very appealing form of health care coverage and has blossomed to the company and service it is today.
If you do not have your own physician, or have one and are looking to make the transition to a new doctor, this online service will help you to select a physician that suits your needs. Choosing a doctor on the Permanente Medical Group site will provide you with information about doctors in your locale and one that will best match your requirements. Below is a guide on how to choose your doctor online using the Permanente Medical Group online service.
Requirements To Use The Doctor Finding Service with Permanente:
- You will need a computer with Internet access.
- You will need to be an existing client with the Permanente Medical Group and be able to provide your medical record number
How To Choose Your Doctor Online with the Permanente Medical Group online service:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.kp.org/mydoctor
- Choose the “Get Information About Available Doctors In Your Area” option and then click “Go.”
- Select your area from the scroll menu and then click “Go.”
- Select either the “Search All Doctors” or “Search Doctors Accepting New Patients” options.
- Type in your city or zip code to see all doctors in your area or type in more precise specifications for better results and finding the doctor that best suits you.
- Click the links of the doctors’ names to access a profile about their services provided and a brief biography.
- Once you have found a doctor that you believe best suits you, select the doctor by click the green “Select me” link.