If you find yourself without a job in today’s economy, trying to get a new one and the money you need to survive can be an intimidating prospect. If you live in Kentucky, you can file for unemployment which will alleviate some of your financial burdens until you are able to find a job. If you live in Kentucky, follow the below instructions to learn how to register and receive unemployment in that state.
Required to File for Unemployment Benefits Online:
- A Computer or Laptop or Mobile Phone or tablet with access to the internet
- A valid social security number
- You must complete the below steps between Monday and Friday from 7am to 7pm EST. The link is also available Sundays from 7am to 9pm
- Your personal information
Steps to register to use the Corrlinks program and file for Unemployment Benefits Online:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.kewes.ky.gov
- Click on the link that reads “Unemployment Benefits-Internet Claim Filing” (note: if this link is unavailable than you visited the site outside of the working hours outlined above.
- Read the terms and conditions and then click on the button that reads, “I Agree.”
- On the following page, click on the link that reads “New User.”
- Here you will be prompted to enter your relevant personal information. Once that’s done, click “Next.”
- The following page will present you with a list of instructions to follow in order to complete the online filing and registration process necessary.