While many companies offer similar benefits to their employees, only JC Penny has put the effort in to make it so easy for their Associates to manage their benefits. With their “Powerline” system, you can log in through any Internet access point, or use any kiosk in a JCP store to access your account. Once in, you can make changes to your payroll information, tax claim deductions, and manage your 401k plan and investments. There is also an area with educational material about different plan options plus the ability to download statements and applicable tax documents.
One of the things that make this access so unique is that Associates at JCP are granted benefits after one full hour of service employment. Most companies make Associates wait through a probationary period of 3 to 6 months. With JCP, once you have completed your training, your first hour on qualifies you for your benefits. The only restriction is you must be at least 21 years of age in order to enroll in the 401k savings plan. If you are not yet 21, you can set up your direct deposit to send a portion to a savings account that you can add to your 401k as a contribution later.
What you will need:
• A computer, laptop, smart phone or mobile device with an Internet connection or JCP Kiosk
• Social Security Number
• Birth Date
Steps to accessing JCP Employee Benefits:
1. Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.jcpenneypowerline.com
2. Click on the link, “Are You a New User?”
3. Enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number and your birth date. Click on “Continue.”
4. Select a password and your security questions. Click on “Next.”
5. Select the option on your account you would like to access.