The world of Internet is truly amazing and nowadays you can do so many things by just sitting in front of your computer that it is almost unbelievable. Still, if you want to enjoy the Internet at its finest, then you will have to make sure that your system’s software will support all the beautiful things out there. Java is a programming language that will allow you to chat with friends (even by webcam), to play online games, to watch videos and to enjoy 3D images on your computer. Your PC may not have come with this pre-installed software application and you will have to install it yourself. Luckily, this can be done very easily and it will not take more than just a few minutes. Below is a guide on how to download Java.
You must meet the following requirements to Download Java:
- You have a functional computer (desktop PC or laptop)
- Your computer runs on Windows 7/XP (SP3 or SP2)/ Vista or on Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Your computer has 64 MB of RAM available (in the case of Windows XP 32-bit) or 128 MB (in the other cases).
- 124 MB of free space on the computer’s hard disk.
Steps required to Download Java:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we
have provided here: www.java.com
- Click on the red button in the middle of the screen saying “Download Java”.
- You will be redirected to another page.
- Click on the red button saying “Agree and Start Free Download”. This means that you will agree with the end user agreement practiced by Java and that your download will start immediately.
- Read the end user agreement.
- Once the download is ready, open the file and install the Java software application by following the steps described on screen. Make sure to read everything and to install the software in the adequate partition by following all the prompts.