ING had its start in 1975 when it began purchasing many companies in the United States. They are headquartered in New York City and offer insurance, investment managements and retirement options. In the future ING U.S. will be recognized as Voya Financial so as to become separate from ING Group. They have already begun trading and listing on the NYSE under the ticker symbol VOYA but the rebranding process is not expected to start until 2014. Until rebranding takes places commercially they will operate under the ING U.S. brand. The name change hopes to deliver the thought of taking a constructive voyage through preparing for a solid retirement. As of 2013 they take care of 13 million customers. If your employer has offered you a ING Life Insurance And Annuity Company product under their retirement plan, below is a guide on how to enroll.
Required to Enroll for an ING Life Insurance and Annuity Company product or retirement plan:
- A Computer or Laptop with access to the internet
- Your Social Security Number
- Employer’s Plan Number
- A Kit Number or Password
- Where Applicable a Location Code
- A Valid Email
- Other personal information
Steps to complete the set up of your ING Life Insurance and Annuity Company product or retirement plan:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.ingretirementplans.com/enrollment
- Review the information and then Scroll down to the “LOGIN” button initiate your enrollment.
- Enter in your Plan Number.
- Enter in your Kit Number.
- Enter in your Social Security Number.
- Click “Continue” found at the bottom of the screen.
- Proceed to provide all the necessary information.
- NOTE: You are not enrolled until you complete all the required information AND click on the “SUBMIT ENROLLMENT” button at the end. You will receive WRITTEN confirmation that your enrollment was successful.
For any further help with submitting your Online Enrollment call: 1-888-311-9487.