If you live in the Houston area or plan on relocating there soon, you might consider working for the City of Houston if you’re in need of a job. The City of Houston is one of the largest urban areas in the entire country, so they are always on the lookout for quality employees. You’ll receive good pay and benefits and the security of working for local government. If you are interested in working for the City of Houston, their website, www.houstontx.gov/jobs, has made it as easy as can be to find out if they are offering positions which are right for you. Visit today and begin your career tomorrow. Below is a guide on how to apply for jobs for the City of Houston online.
Required to Apply for a City of Houston Job Online:
- A Computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Internet access
- Valid Email and contact information
Steps to Apply for a City of Houston Job Online:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.houstontx.gov/jobs
- If this is your first time applying for a job with the City of Houston, click on the “Create an Account and select a Username and Password” link found in the Welcome paragraph.
a. Below the blue box with “Username” and “Password” prompts, you’ll see a “Create Your Account Here!” prompt. Click it.
b. Fill in your personal information as directed and click “Save” at the bottom. You will then be given your Username and Passowrd.
- Click on the “Job Opportunities” link below the “Employment” banner on the right.
- You can now choose which categories of jobs you want to search through. Unselect ones you have no interest in, then you can enter the keywords that best describe the job you are looking for or leave it blank. Then click on the maroon box that says “go.”
- When going through your search results, click on the underlined text under the “Position” column at the far left for further information about any jobs that interest you.
- Here you will find general information about the position, minimal requirements, pay rates, benefits and questions you must answer in order to apply.