President Obama has recently creat a marketplace in which he believes will help all the citizens of the US to get affordable health insurance coverage through different Health Insurance Companies in your state. The name it is most commonly reffered to is Obamacare, but it also goes officially by the Personal Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA) or the Affordable Care Act (ACA). If you see these terms , they each refer to the same insurace marketplace. The goal again is to try and subsidize the cost of insurance so that everyone will be covered. Starting in 2014, you must have health insurance coverage or you will be requited to pay a fee of $95 for each adult and $47.50 for each child or 1% of your income whichever is higher.
One of the beneifts for some in regards to this new coverage is that companies in your state that offer health insurance will no longer be able to refuse you for pre existing conditions. If you currently do have coverage through Medicaid, Chips, etc. that DOES count as being covered and you will not be required to go through the insurance marketplace. The main goal as of now is to get everyone to apply. In order to do that, we have provided a quick step guide as to how to apply for the Obamacare insurance marketplace where you can compare rates and coverage options from the insurance carrriers in your state.
Required to Apply for ObamaCare:
- If wanting to apply online you will need access to a computer with internet.
- If not doing online, you will need a phone.
- Peronal information such as all names, DOBs, address, etc of all those you wanting to get a quote for in your family.
- Pen and Paper or Printer to take note of the quotes.
Steps to complete application:
- If you are wanting to do application online, copy and paste the following link into your browser or click the link here we have provided if your sytem allows. www.healthcare.gov
- (If wanting to complete by phone, Please call the following number and follow prompts.1-800-318-2596)
- Once you are on the site, the first step will be to create a new account. This will require you to make a username and password for your protection.
- Next will be the application process itself. Here you will be required to enter all your personal information. This will also include your annual household income, personal details, etc.
- Once you have submitted application, a list of plans will be prompted to you. Here you can do a side by side comparison of all the different plans that are being offered.
- Once you decide which pan best fits you and your family you will want to ENROLL. Once you have enrolled you will then be able to go through the billing details and decide how you will want to pay the premiums.