A Food Handler card is a requirement by law that all food handlers in California must have. People who are involved in handling food in any way from preparation, storage to service needs to have one of these in order to officially do their job and it is also a condition of employment. This card is only issued once the applicant has passed a training programme and been assessed by an official organization. Managers who are officially certified as ServSafe managers do not need to apply for a service cared.
The food handler usa website is a one-stop website to give you all the information you need in order to become fully qualified. Instructions on how to purchase and take the test are outlined within it, as well as being outlined below. This test has been designed by the National Restaurant Association in America. They have ensured that every aspect of food handling and serving has been included in this test. Below is a guide on how to get your personal Food Handler card for the state of California.
What You Will Need to take a California Food Handler Safety Program to get your personal Food Handler Card:
- A Computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Internet access
- Valid Email and contact information
- A valid debit or credit card
Steps to activatake a California Food Handler Safety Program to get your personal Food Handler Card:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.foodhandlerusa.com
- Read the information about the course on the food handler website.
- Enter in your zip code.
- Purchase the Food Handler course and follow the instructions to begin the test.
- Take the test contained within the website. This usually lasts for about 2.5 hours.
- Once the test has been completed, you will have been granted a pass if you have gained a percentage of 70 or more.
- Once the test is completed, you will be given your results immediately. If you have passed, you will be able to print out your results immediately.
- Print out a copy of the test results for your records and print a copy for your future employer for theirs. This is a legal document so they need to know and be able to prove you are an officially recognized food handler.