If you have had credit denied, changes to your limit, or insurance denied then you can complete a form that will allow you to request a copy of your file. This is due to the FCRA. However this does need to be one within 60 days of the problem occurring. There is a site that will make it easy for you to request a copy of your file and it will not take a great deal of your time in order to complete it. Below is a guide that will help you to better understand how to request a copy of your personal file online.
Required to Request a Copy of Your Personal Credit File online with FCRA:
- Computer or Laptop with access to the internet
- Valid Email
- Other personal information
Steps on how to Request a Copy of Your Personal Credit File online with FCRA:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows click the link we have provided here: www.equifax.com/fcra
- When the site loads you will need to enter your personal information. To do this click in the boxes that are provided and type it in.
- The next section wants to know why you are requesting the file. Click on the circle beside the reason that you decided to fill out the form.
- Now you need to read over the security and privacy information. If you accept the terms then you will be able to click the circle stating that you accept them. When all the information on the page has been filled out you need to click “submit”.
- There are two more steps that you will need to follow from here in order to complete the request. On the following steps make sure that you follow the directions and enter any information that is needed.
- You will soon find that you will be finished with the request process and will now be able to wait for the copy to come in so that you can better understand what is going on with your credit. You will be able to request these copies when there is something going on such as a problem with thinking that there was a fraudulent charge made.