One of the best choices that consumers can make today is to decide to sign up for the National Do Not Call Registry. In this manner a person can decide if they want to receive telemarketing phone calls at home when they are trying to relax and eat their dinner. If you number is placed on this registry then most telemarketers are forbidden to call you at all. This should take no more than 31 days to be enacted but there are always going to be unscrupulous people who will skirt the rules in order to make a potential sale. If you are contacted after you have signed up for the do not call list then record the name of the company and the person calling and report them to the Better Business Bureau. It is free to register you home or mobile phone in the registry database.
There have been some scammers who have actually called people and offered to place them on the National Do Not Call Registry. These are not real calls and shouldn’t be paid attention to. The National Do Not Call Registry is free for all to use, but they will not solicit people to join in any way. These people are looking to collect your number to add to a list or to sell to it themselves. Below is a guide on how you can sign up to the National Do Not Call Registry online.
Required to sign up to the National Do Not Call Registry online:
- A computer, tablet or even a phone that has access to the internet
- Valid Phone Number
- Valid Email
How to sign up to the National Do Not Call Registry online:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browseer or if your system allows click the link here we have provided: www.donotcall.gov
- Then click “register a phone number” button.
- Enter up to three phone numbers and your email address. Click Submit.
- You will go to a site that will then Check for errors. If there are no errors then: Click Register.
- Check your email for a message from Register@donotcall.gov. This should contain your registration.
- Open the email and click on the link within 72 hours to complete your registration. Then you should be free from unwanted and annoying calls.