Are you a Georgian looking for a new career path or just thinking about changing companies? Are you a native Georgian looking to move back or have other reasons for relocating and would like to begin looking for a job before you get there?
Job searches can be a challenge, but if you’re looking in the state of George the DOL website can provide a lot of help.
Below is a guide on how to find a job by using the Georgia Department of Labor.
Required to Search for Job with the Georgia Department of Labor
- A computer, PC, laptop, Internet enabled mobile device, etc.
- Valid email address
- Other personal information
Steps To to Search for Job with the Georgia Department of Labor
- Click in the URL address bar at the top of your browser screen. Once the cursor is blinking in the URL bar, you will copy and paste the following URL: www.dol.state.ga.us
- On the far left, you’ll see a picture of a woman with the word “Individuals” above her. Click there.
- Now you will be presented with several options. The two that are most relevant to you are “Explore Career Options and Plan Your Job Search” and “Find a Job.”
- Which one you choose will be based on where you are in your life and what you’re looking for as your next step. If you have an idea of the kind of work you want to do, click “Find a Job.”
- When you “Find a Job” you will be presented with five options. You’ll either want to click, “Georgia Jobs Plus” or “George Job Openings.”
- If you click “Georgia Jobs Plus” you’ll be taken to the Georgia Labor Market Explorer website. Here you can search by a combination of keyword(s), job category, location and radius.” There’s also an Advanced Search option if you need to be more specific.
- If you click “George Job Openings”, you will be able to search for jobs advertised on the DOL website via job location, job type and job category. Once you find a job you like, you may request a referral to it.
- Find a Job may not be the right choice for you if you are currently in a place where you don’t know what you want to do. If you’ve been recently laid off or you’re still working, but feel it’s time for a change, this is the right option for you.
- Click on “Explore Career Options and Plan Your Job Search” and you will be taken to a webpage with resources to help you do everything from Organize Your Skills to Keep Your Job.
- Find the resource that best suits your needs.