The City of Chicago Employment Services is set up to find you available positions with the city and within the city that are offered by different businesses. While you don’t have to have an account with Employment Services to use this search engine, it is highly recommended as it gives you a way to save the jobs that interest you so you may go back and apply for them later. From the main page, you can also choose to apply directly for a position as a Police Officer or to view Bid job opportunities. These jobs are not managed by Employment Services, but are offered through the City of Chicago. Below is a guide on how to apply for jobs in the city of Chicago with their Employment Services.
What you will need to Apply for City of Chicago Jobs online with their Employment Services:
• A computer, laptop, smart phone or mobile device with an Internet connection
• Job Title
• Postal Code, City or Town of where work is desired
• Skills list (if desired)
Steps to Apply for City of Chicago Employment Services:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.cityofchicago.org/careers
- Click on “Apply for Job Opportunities.”
- Click on “Sign In.”
- Click on “New User.”
- Create a UserID and password of your choice. Click on “Register.”
- Enter a security question and answer. Click on “Next.”
- Fill out the job search settings you want to use and click on, “Search for Jobs.”
- Click on the Job Title Link in the search results to see the details of the job.
If you plan on doing multiple job searches, use the “Clear” button at the bottom of the page to clear the information from the job search form. Remember to save any job that interests you to your “shopping cart” so you can find it easily later.