HARP stands for home affordable refinance program. You may find that since changes have been made to this program that you are now eligible to benefit from the changes. These changes were made to allow more owners to be able to refinance at a rate that is lower and with a term that is shorter even if you owe more than your home is worth. This can be a great option that is affordable for owners who would not be able to qualify for refinancing otherwise. Here is how you can use the site to see if you are able to qualify for HARP. Below is a guide on how to apply for HARP from Citigroup Mortgage.
Required to Apply for HARP From Citigroup Mortgage:
- Computer or Laptop with access to the internet
- Valid Email
- Other personal information
Steps to Apply for HARP From Citigroup Mortgage:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows click the link we have provided here: www.citimortgage.com/harp
- When the page loads you will see a question. Click on the circle beside yes or no in order to make your selection.
- If you don’t already have a user name and password you will need to create one. A new page will load that will ask you for some information about yourself. Click on the first field to enter your date of birth.
- The next box is for your social security number. Here you need to enter only the last six digits.
- Click on the next box and enter your account number.
- Use the drop down menu to select the state that your property is in.
- Click in the box beside the property selection to enter your zip code.
- Now you need to enter the captcha. Look at the picture and click in the box and type the same letters that are displayed. If you are not able to read the one that is there you can click “refresh the image” in order to get another image for you to type.
- Click “submit” when you have finished everything.
- A new page will load and you will just need to follow the steps in order to see if you are able to qualify for the HARP refinancing.