If you have just received your new Capital One bank card then you need to make sure that your activate it before you try to use it. The process is quite simple and easy. They have created a website that you can use to activate your card. This will keep you from needing to call a customer service line and having to wait to talk to someone to have your card activated. Instead all you need to do is visit their website and you can enter a bit of information and that is it when you are finished your card will be activated and ready for you to use. Below is a guide on how to apply for or activate your personal Capital One card online.
Required to Apply for or Activate Your Capital One Card:
- Computer or Laptop with access to the internet
- Valid Email
- To activate, your Capital One Card
- Other personal information
Steps to Apply for or Activate Your Capital One Card:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows click the link we have provided here: www.capitalone.com/activate
- Once the page loads you will have two options. The first option is to sign in with your username and password. To do this you need to click on the first box. Here you need to enter the user name.
- Click on the second box and enter your password.
- Once you have filled out both boxes you will be ready to click “sign in”.
- If you don’t already have an account online you need to click the green box that says “enroll now”. A new page will load.
- It will let you know the information that you need to create your account. If you have the information that you need you can click on “Yes, I’m Ready”.
- Now it is time to enter all your personal information as well as the type of account that you would like. When you have finished entering all fields necessary you will then be able to continue to the second step of the process.
- The next type is security and you will need to verify who you are as well as a bit of other information.
- Continue through the steps following the directions until you account has been created.