The British Gas Company has come up with a brilliant way to help you manage your energy and time. They have initiated a Home Energy Top Up Program that allows you to log into your account from anywhere you can get Internet access and order a fuel delivery. You can even use the online service to schedule a delivery in advance. As part of the effort to conserve energy, having a Home Energy Top Up account will do more for you than just let you schedule deliveries at your convenience. You will also have access to the latest news and alerts concerning weather, as well as tips for how to better conserve energy. Another bonus of the Home Energy Top Up program is it allows you to pay your energy bill online. If you want, you can opt for paperless billing as well. With paperless billing, you will only receive an email notification that the bill amount and detail is available on your account. Log in, review the current bill, make your payment and log out without leaving your home. You will need a British Gas card with an account number beginning with an ‘A’ or ‘B1.0’ on the back to use this service.
What you will need to Sign up for the Home Energy Top Up program
- Computer, tablet, laptop or smart phone
- Access to Internet
- Internet Explorer with ActiveX installed
- British Gas Account number and information
Steps to Sign up for the Home Energy Top Up program
- Type www.britishgas.co.uk/topup in the address bar of your browser and hit enter.
- Click on the “Get Started” button
- Enter the information for your account and the service location
- Enter in a valid email address and password
- Check off that you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select “Submit.”
- Follow the link in the confirmation email you will receive to log in and use your account.
One of the best ways to stay on top of your energy needs is to plan ahead. Mark your calendar a week or so in advance of when you usually need a top up to remind yourself to go on line to your account to schedule service.