Bluebird is a debit card program offered to anyone. American Express and WalMart have teamed together to bring you this alternative to your normal banking experience. The Bluebird card allows you to do just about anything that a bank card can such as direct deposits, check balances, pay bills online, add checks and even set up sub accounts for other family. The cool thing is you only work with the money you have in your account so you never will endure any overdraft fees.
You can also load money at any WalMart register making it even more convenient for you. The card can be used anywhere that accepts AMEX and it also offers access to more than 22,000 ATMs nationwide. Unlike a traditional debit card from a bank, Bluebird requires no minimum account balance and there are no monthly or annual fees either. If you are looking to register for a new Bluebird account or if you recently purchased a temporary card from WalMart and need to activate it, we have provided a quick guide to register your account and/or activate your card.
Required to active or signup:
- Computer with access to the internet.
- Must have purchased a temporary card or want to enroll.
- Must have personal information available such as address, full name, SS#, etc.
- Valid email address.
Steps to register and activate:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows click the link here we have provided. www.bluebird.com
- Once there you will want to click the “Register Now” button.
- You will then be asked if you purchased a temporary card from WalMart. If so click the button YES and fill out the questions below in regards to information on the temporary card. If not then click the NO button and begin by filling out your personal information prompted.
- Once you have completed all the questions on that page you will need to AGREE with all the clauses below. Check each box agreeing to the terms of service. Then hit “agree and continue”
- Now answer all the personal information questions. Make sure these are all correct. You will also need to have a valid email and a good username and password in mind.
- Then SUBMIT your answers.
You have now either registered for your own Bluebird Card or activated your temporary card. Your physical card will soon arrive in the mail. Enjoy your new debit card and don’t forget to sign up for the rewards program.