Being the owner of your own home is something you most likely dream of. However, the unstable economic background of the last few years, as well as the fact that you may not have the money to pay for a new home in cash may scare you off from applying for a mortgage loan. However, acquiring as much information as possible and making a plan to which you can stick will help you make your dream come true. Their website has been created especially for those who find themselves in your situation. By using this website, you will be able to calculate exactly which the amount of money you will have to pay back for your mortgage loan is.
Although it may appear like a relatively new addition to the financial market, Bankrate has been around for more than 30 years and it all started with a simple print publishing business for the “Bank Rate Monitor”. Nowadays, bankrate.com gathers information on more than 300 financial products offered by thousands of institutions. Thus, getting a mortgage rate from this website can definitely be considered to be as a reliable way of making a financial plan for your future. Below is a guide on how to receive a free mortgage rate with Bankrate by going online.
You will need the following to get a mortgage rate from the Bankrate website:
- A computer (desktop PC, laptop, tablet, etc.)
- A fairly good Internet connection
Steps required to get a mortgage rate from the Bankrate website:
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we
have provided here: www.bankrate.com/compare-rates.aspx
- Select the mortgage rate type (new or refinance)
- Select the number of years at which you want your loan to reach maturity
- Click on the button saying “Search”
- You will be redirected to a new page. Here, select whether you want a mortgage purchase or a refinance again, and then enter details regarding your location.
- Also, enter details regarding the amount of money you need and regarding the down payment and your credit score.
- Enter details regarding the amount of years for which you want to pay for the loan
- Click on the yellow button saying “Find Rates”
- A list of mortgage rates will appear on screen. Analyze them, think things through and apply for the one that suits your needs the best!