If you are interested in finding out just exactly who you are really related you through out history, Ancestry.com might be the perfect place for you! This website is dedicated to helping people to log and document the information that they have found on their family tree. You can build your family tree from the bottom up by adding in the members that you know about initially, and adding new ones as you go on. You can also upload important documents that will help you to keep the verification process neat, organized, and in order in the event that you have to prove the relation that you have to different people that you have entered on your family tree. There are even paid services that will help you to track and find members to your family.
Required To Register For Ancestry.com
- A computer, PC, laptop, Internet enabled mobile device, etc.
- Valid email address
- Your medical insurance cards
- Other personal information
Steps To Register For Ancestry.com
1. Click in the URL address bar at the top of your browser screen. Once the cursor is blinking in the URL bar, you will copy and paste the following URL: www.ancestry.com/activate
2. Once you are redirected to the main page, you will be prompted to fill out a short summary about yourself.
3. You will have to fill out personal information like your name, age, gender, email address, and you will select a side of your family to start searching for. (i.e. your father’s side, mother’s side, etc.)
4. Once you have filled out this high level information, you will be redirected to a page where you will have to fill out the information of the person whose side you chose to explore.
5. If you chose your father’s side, then you will fill out your father’s information, etc. This will ask for the person’s name, birth year, birthplace, your siblings, and that parent’s siblings.
6. Once you have completed this part of the process, you will be granted access to the free records that are on file.