One of the best things a person can do for their future is to seek higher education. The costs of a higher education can be daunting but there are programs like student loans to help provide some assistance to scholars of all ages. A college education is a good investment in your future. Learning how to sign up for and find out exactly what financial aid a person is eligible for is another story. A student loan is an investment in your future and managing how much you owe and your payments can become a very significant part of your financial life.
The process of applying for a student loan has become much easier over the years. There are financial institutions that specialize in lending money to students and many educational institutions that are willing to help fill out the paperwork with you. It can be emotional, but it will pay for a student to shop around and get the best deal possible. First you must fill out a FAFSA form which will gauge a person’s eligibility. The FAFSA is free to fill out and must be filled out by the parent or spouse as well as the student. Once this is completed then the applicant will need to choose a PIN number so that they can always manage their student load account.
It is important for students to realize that loans are just one method available to pay for a college education. There are scholarships and grants which don’t have to be paid back and in many cases there are scholarships that are not applied for and can save a lot of money. Loans need to be paid back when the education is completed.
Apply for or Manage Student Loans
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: studentloans.gov
- Choose the “Sign in” Tab
- You will be asked to enter your Social Security Number
- You will be asked to enter the first two letters of your last name
- Your will be prompted to enter your date of birth
- You will then be asked for your PIN number
- Then you will be directed to your account and the information you need