Did you get a new car, or do you need to transfer over a vehicle to your name in Lousiana? Then www.expresslane.org can help you accomplish that online. In order to complete your registration online, you will need:
- Your computer generated and mailed renewal notice
- The current vehicle registration
- Valid credit card or debit card. Accepted cards are: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express
- Secure and updated web browser, such as Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher OR Netscape 4.73 or higher
- A printer for your receipt (optional)
All vehicles must be covered in the required limits of liability insurance and/or other forms of insured security as stated in Louisiana Law R.S. 32:861 et al. The law is enforced by civil and criminal penalty.
Vehicle Registration Process
The registration renewal process is done simply in 6 steps:
1. Enter your vehicle information and confirm its record
2. View Fee Analysis – a breakdown of different charges
3. Verify your address. Address changes are allowed during the process
4. Fee payment and authorization
5. View, download, and/or print your receipt
6. Optional – Provide feedback
Transactions will appear on the next business day. Please avoid new renewal attempts unless you are notified that it is necessary. The total fee for your renewal includes a late fee if your registration is expired.
NOTE: Your vehicle registration renewal will include a State Charge for electronic commerce in accordance with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:316.1.
About OMV Expresslane
OMV Expresslane provides Louisiana residents a quick and simple way for their vehicle registration and driver’s license/ID card renewal. The service is available 7 days a week. The only time credit card transactions are not taken is between 11:50 PM and 12:10 AM Central due to administrative processing.
Because we and the State of Louisiana share your security concerns, we cooperate with vendors to develop a highly secure site. Due to our website’s encryption, we provide automatic and advanced security for your online purchases. Your browser looks for digital certification to confirm it is operating with the State of Louisiana.
NOTE: In secure mode, you may see a window in some internet browsers. This indicates you are about to receive secure, encrypted documents.
The State of Louisiana utilizes Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol and 128-bit strong encryption.
We hope you enjoy your visit to our web site. Please tell others about www.expresslane.org.