The official website for checking your Target balance is www.mybalancenow.com which has been setup for customers of target who have a gift card or credit card. The following information will help you to complete the process of checking your balance through this resource.
Target is one of the largest discount retailers in the US, and the company sells more gift cards than any other retailer in the country. The design of the card is certainly unique and in fact, many people regard them as collectibles. But the main reasons why these gift cards are so popular is that there are no service fees aside from the initial purchase and there’s no expiration date. You can buy them at any Target store, and it is automatically activated when you buy it.
Checking the Balance on Your Target Gift Card
Before you even shop, you should know the remaining balance on your Target Gift Card because shop sellers won’t be able to find out the balance on your Target Gift Card before you make a purchase (they’ll see the balance only when you’re about to make a payment). If it turns out that the item costs more than the remaining balance on your card, your Target Gift Card may be declined.
There are two ways by which you can check the balance on your Target Gift Card, and both ways are free. One way is by calling customer service at 1-800-698-4952 and the other way is by going online.
Here’s how to do it:
- First make sure you have the card with you because you will need some of the information printed on the card.
- Go to http://www.mybalancenow.com.
- Fill in the Card Number box. This 9-digit number can be found on the bottom left corner at the back of your Target Gift Card.
- Fill in the expiration date. That information is on the front of the Card. Take note, though, that the Target Gift Card funds only expire when the account reaches zero. After the expiration date, only the card itself has expired and you can call their customer service hotline at 1-800-698-4952 when that happens. You can request a replacement card with a new valid thru date and you don’t have to pay anything for it.
- Fill in the CVV box with the numbers to the right of your signature at the back of your Target Gift Card.
- Press the Go button and you’re done.
If you think there’s a mistake with the balance or if you think someone has been making unauthorized transactions with your Target Gift Card, call 1-800-698-4952 immediately to resolve the problem.