IBenefitcenter.com is the website of Putnam Investments, which is a privately owned investment management firm that was founded in 1937. It is one of the oldest and biggest mutual fund companies in the United States.
Today, Putnam Investments manages more than $125 billion in assets, with 79 individual mutual fund offerings and 96 institutional clients. It also has more than seven million shareholders and retirement plan participants.
Putnam Investment’s website, www.ibenefitcenter.com, allows you to conveniently access your retirement account and manage your benefits in your retirement plan.
How to Access Your Account Online
- Go to www.ibenefitcenter.com.
- On the login page, enter your username and password as part of the account security process. This will direct you to the home page of IBenefitcenter and you can now access your account.
- If you are a first time visitor, you will need to create a username and password to access your account. The initial username you need to use is your Social Security number. Your initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security number, plus the word “WEB.” So if the last four digits of your Social Security number are 2468, your initial Password will be 2468WEB.
- After you log on to the website, you will then be asked to change both your username and password for your security. The username must have at least 8 characters, and should contain at least one letter and one number. The password must be comprised of 8 to 20 characters, with at least one letter and one number.
- You will then be asked to provide answers to three security questions. You will need to answer these questions in the future in case you forget your username or password. After you have answered these questions correctly to confirm your identity, you can then immediately reset your password or retrieve your login details to access your account right away.
- If you encounter any problem or difficulty in your online transaction, you can call the company’s toll-free number at 1-877-864-6644. You will need to enter your Social Security Number and your PIN (personal identiﬁcation number). Your initial PIN will be the last four digits of your Social Security number. Before you can access your account, you will first be asked to choose a new PIN.