The Marriott Hotel and Conference Centers offer some of the best services and accommodations for business and personal travelers around the globe. When you make your travel plans, you never expect to have to cancel them but any number of things may happen that make this a necessity. Marriott has made the process of how to cancel a reservation with them as easy as possible.
The first thing to consider is whether or not you need to make a cancellation, or if changing the reservation is an option. Depending on the time frame of the reservation, you may not be eligible for a full refund and opting for a change in the dates may be more cost effective. If you don’t have a new date in mind, it is also an option to choose a reservation credit to be applied later. If it makes more sense to cancel the reservation completely, the process is easy and you can do it from your home, office or mobile phone via the main Marriott Hotel and Conference site.
What you will need to cancel a Marriott Reservation:
- Computer, tablet, laptop or smart phone
- Access to Internet
- Confirmation number for the existing reservation.
- Last name of the person who the reservation is for.
Steps to cancel a Marriott Reservation:
- Type www.marriott.com in the address bar of your browser and hit enter.
- Click on “Change/Cancel Reservation”
- Enter in the confirmation code from your reservation receipt and the last name listed as the holder of the reservation and hit “Find.”
- Select “Cancel” and hit enter.
- Write down the confirmation number for the cancellation.
Please note that some weekends and Marriott locations do have restrictions in place on their cancellation policies and you may not be eligible for a full refund. Also, some reservations may not be eligible for a cancellation and refund action but may only be eligible for a cancellation and a credit issued for use for another reservation at a Marriott location. Read your confirmation notice carefully to know any restrictions your reservation may be subject to.